Are you a recent psychology graduate?
Do you have experience working with young people who have various Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs?
Teaching Personnel are looking for a dedicated and ambitious Graduate Teaching Assistant to join our client secondary school based in Cheshire.
About the role:
- September 2021 start date
- Supporting students aged 11-16 with SEN/SEMH
- Earn £10.20 per hour
- Full time Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm
- Permanent long-term position
- Work in a Ofsted 'Good' school
The school is a large mixed-sex 11-18 comprehensive school and rated 'GOOD' by Ofsted in the most resent inspection. Senior leaders, alongside the head teacher have developed their support systems further to ensure that the majority of disadvantaged pupils and those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) make the progress they should across the school. There is a wide range of extra opportunities for pupils to develop their personal and social skills and interests as they believe this is just as important as academic success.
Our partner school are very keen to interview psychology graduates to join the school and make a real difference to the students lives.
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you will be:
- Supporting pupils with self-esteem and confidence
- Set engaging tasks the pupil will enjoy doing whilst following the curriculum
- Manage challenging behaviour
- Ensuring pupils feel safe and valued
- Providing opportunities for academic, social and emotional development within a safe and secure learning environment
- Deliver 1-2-1 support to ensuring students mental health is looked after
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience supporting individuals with additional needs, in particular; mental health, emotional and behaviour difficulties
- Be a recent psychology graduate
- Be confident and able to manage behaviour of challenging pupils
- Experience in youth work
If you think you have what it takes to be a good role model and have a positive impact please apply now with a copy of your updated CV and you will be contacted to discuss the next steps as the school as wanting a quick turn around before school closes for Summer.