Fast-Track is looking for a Site Superintendent for the California market to supervise construction job sites, providing leadership to field staff, and ensure successful completion of all trade work. The Superintendent will also work closely with the Project Manager to ensure timely and quality completion of the project.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· To provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships of the on-site staff and to promote a positive project morale.
· To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
· To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the Project Manager who will review them with the Architect.
· To plan and review the Construction Program with the Project Manager including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
· To coordinate, direct, monitor, and inspect the activities of the Subcontractors, Suppliers and labor and materials.
· To see that all required permits or licenses have been obtained, and that a weatherproof bulletin board is installed on which all required safety notices are posted.
· To ensure that Subcontractor enforces and abides by all local, state and federal safety regulations.
· To chair weekly coordination meetings and monthly safety meetings with the subcontractors and to issue typewritten minutes to the Project Manager.
· To receive and review the Subcontractor Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· 7 to 10 years’ experience as a Construction Site Superintendent on Commercial, Government and industrial new building construction and site development.
· Must be available to work extended work hours, nights, weekends and be able to travel statewide.
· Bachelor’s degree a plus, but not required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Fast-Track Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Fast-Track was established in 1980 as primarily a commercial general contractor doing both private and governmental work. Our solid industry track record has earned the trust of new and repeat Clients. Today, it has hundreds of completed projects in its portfolio, spanning across Southern California and the Western US, having forged invaluable industry relationships.
Role: Site Superintendent - Construction
Location: Culver City,
Apply for this job now.