- Multi-skilled position responsible for performing preventive and general maintenance and technical repair work on instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for installing all instrumentation and electrical components safely.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot problems with equipment. Runs conduit, pulls wire, changes motors, and
- maintain lighting systems and basic motor controls.
- Maintains and troubleshoots field control systems and complex equipment.
- Maintain, modify and troubleshoot Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and/or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) to maximize use of control technology and minimize installation and operating costs.
- Maintains advanced monitoring devices (gas, detectors, vibration and temperature monitors).
- Has knowledge of field compressor processes, electrical layout, safety systems and area classifications.
- Read P&ID and electrical diagrams and other complex electrical drawings; interprets filed compressor electrical diagrams
- Updates electrical drawings.
- Installs, troubleshoots and maintains end devices, alarms, shutdown systems, process controls, substation and branch feeders, air/fuel controllers, panel boards, etc.
- May work independently or with various groups to deal with issues that may arise.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Performs clean up associated with tasks.
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- Must be literate in Alan-Bradley compressor control systems, with proven experience not less than 2 years.
- Ability to produce understandable and accurate reports and records.
- Is computer literate.
- Is able to examine/analyze equipment for defects.
- Uses hand tools, power tools and electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Must have record of very positive work performance, very good safety record, ability to perform work independently, history of being dependable and reliable, good organizational skills, good customer relations.
- Performs preventative and general maintenance on electronic and pneumatic equipment and parts associated with this equipment (which includes working near energized circuits over 440 volts).
- Is familiar with AC voltage (120-480) three phase and single phase plus 24 VDC.
- Experienced in working with medium voltage (4160vac) switchgear and VFD’s.
- Has actual operating knowledge of field booster station processes and gas treating processes
- Understands equipment repair manuals; federal, state and local codes and regulations: schematic, wiring diagrams, layouts, codes, standards (incl. company standards and other regulations).
- Ability to work well with others.
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Work may involve walking over uneven terrain, bending, moving from ground level to higher levels, working around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment. Candidate will be subject to drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs
- Must have a minimum of a High School degree or equivalent.
- Ability to follow written or spoken work instructions in English.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Outdoor work required with exposure to elements
- Able to work extended hours & call-outs as needed
Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
**Please submit resume with application.**
Canyon Midstream Partners, LLC (CMP) is an independent midstream company that provides gathering, treating, processing, transportation and marketing services in North American producing regions.
The CMP team has an established track record of successfully developing, acquiring and operating midstream systems and assets. Our success is measured by our ability to provide our customers with responsive, reliable and efficient midstream services in a dynamic market environment.
Role: I&E Technician
Apply for this job now.