Drivers are responsible for the custom application of fertilizer products on golf courses to meet customer expectations in a safe and time efficient manner.
- Assist dispatcher with planning route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Ability to operate a spreader vehicle and spread the fertilizer on a golf course.
- Ability to operate truck mounted crane to load spreader vehicle with fertilizer to be custom applied.
- Deliver and pickup products to customers and get receiving tickets signed.
- Maintain contact with dispatcher via radio and telephone on a continuous basis and report any delays or problems.
- Maintain truck mileage log as required by DOT regulations.
- Perform routine inspection on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Unload products, via donkey if required, at customers’ sites.
- Provide customer service any time it is necessary.
- Complete paperwork required by customer or Harrell’s.
- Secure load prior to each run.
- Must represent Harrell’s in a positive manner at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local ordinances affecting this position.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and programs.
- Maintain valid licenses, certifications and/or permits required to perform responsibilities.
- Ensure timely processing of system information and proper documentation concerning inventory transactions (shipments, transfers, receipts, changes in cost/price, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Degree or GED equivalent preferred.
- Two years’ experience as a driver preferred.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
▪ Must maintain a current and valid CDL license and physical certification. (Class A License)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Schedule Mon- Friday
- Home every night
- No weekends!
Role: CDL Driver - Spreader Driver
Apply for this job now.