Company: THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONS
Job Type: Permanent, PartTime
Full=time and Part-time
Job Type: Medical Coding and Billing Instructor-Part-time Day
Summary: An instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through excellence in learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
Key Job Elements:
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the CHCP model of curricula as well as supports the CHCP style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers excellence of class instruction for both residential and blended delivery through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and delivers the instruction as approved.
- Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establishes student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers excellence in learning-centered instruction by establishing an online blended and classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Provides weekly feedback to students, taking special care to provide comprehensive feedback at the conclusion of the mid-term mark, providing struggling students with opportunities to improve.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, taking attendance, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Attends a majority of general faculty, departmental, and school-wide meetings.
- Contributes service to the campus by actively participating on at least one special project committee each year.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Answers questions related to program content that may impact curriculum and delivery of objectives for courses. Also attends Program Advisory Committee meetings one a year to the program for which the expertise is appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements; Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Accountability:
- certificate, degree, or post-secondary education and relative experience to meet state (TWC) and accreditation requirements.
- One to two years' experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
- Certification, registry, and/or licensure in field of instruction approved and recognized by state regulation agency and accrediting organization.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
- Ability to communicate abstract and concrete concepts to individuals in both written and oral form.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with students and to maintain positive relationships with students, continuing seeking to promote and provide opportunities for student success.
- Ability to adapt classroom management style and communication style to engage various personalities inside and outside the classroom environment.
- Able to prepare lesson plans, syllabi, tests, worksheets and other teaching materials with minimal supervision, seeking to provide multiple opportunities for student engagement and success.
- Must be willing to work long hours, including morning, evening, and afternoon course shifts when applicable providing specialty program tutoring and review for testing/certification (e.g. DA, LMRT, etc.).
- Must be comfortable with various computer software programs, including presentation and word processing software and email.
- Must be comfortable utilizing technology in the classroom, including computers, and projectors, always seeking to use technology to enhance the student experience in the classroom.