T-Staff, Inc., a telecommunications company, is seeking multiple Central Office Installers for one of our valued clients. We provide highly competent and qualified Telecom professionals to leading Service provider’s nationwide. The equipment Installers will be responsible for the installation of equipment used in voice, video, fiber optics and data telecommunications networks. Analyze, plan, layout and assign installation activity to other installation personnel. Act as subject matter expert on provisioning, activating and testing electronic equipment.
Job Responsibilities- Perform the following with Minimum supervision and/ or Direction:
· MOP Procedures
· Perform power verification and power up of equipment
· Read and understand project specifications and drawings
· Install Superstructure: Cable rack, Conduit, must be familiar with ironwork
· Grounding, run cabling
· Install Power plant: Rectifiers DC to DC converter, inverter and batteries; power distribution board (PDB); battery distribution fuse bay (PDFB); storage batteries, connect and test; fuse panels, power alarms
Verify assignments; pull set-ups; run power cabling; sew #6, 4, 1/0, 2/0, 4/0, 350 MCM, 500 MCM, 750 MCM
H-Taps, C-Taps, Covers, Power Lugs
Install bay and frame AC wiring and lighting
Mount, wire, and connect
· Install Equipment: Shelves, Panels, cable setup, label communication, fiber
· Twisted pair: prepare, butt, strip, fan, skin place connector, crimp
Coax cable and/or pack cable
· Wiring: Termination: crimp, punch-down, wire wrap, bulkhead, etc.
Switchboard, transport (DS1-DS3), BITS Clock
· Termination: wire wrap, cross-connect, punch-down
· Assemble and install
· AT&T/ Verizon certification a plus
Required Skills for Central Office Installer Job:
INSTALL/TEST FIBER OPTIC CABLES/ DS1 AND DS3/ OC3'S AND T-1's
· 2 or more years of experience in related or equivalent field
· Basic knowledge of electricity AC/DC
· Understand and use established safety and quality control practices
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Operate, service, and maintain digital transmission and telecom networks
· Computer Proficiency
Ensure quality workmanship
T-Staff is a technical staffing company, plain and simple.
We don’t dabble in other industries. We stick to what we know and as a result we’re the best at it. Our skills and resources allow us to track down, screen, hire and retain the most highly qualified persons available in your industry. T-Staff’s managers are trained to listen to and understand your exact and unique needs. So, we can find and assign the right person for every one of your jobs whether you need an individual or an entire team to work a project from start to finish.
Role: Central Office Installer L2, L3, L4
Apply for this job now.