Behaviour Support Assistant
£68.39 - £75.00 (per day dependant on experience)
This role is based within a school setting
£125 refer a friend / colleague bonus scheme
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a minimum of 3 months relevant experience working with children, young people or adults.
Vision for Education is seeking an experienced Behaviour Support Assistant to work in a school in Barnsley, on a full-time temporary basis. The schools require mentors with experience working with disengaged students to deliver pre-planned workshops on an ad-hoc basis.
A SEND Teaching Assistant involves working with Children with a variety of SEMH (Social, Emotional Mental health issues) and EBD (Emotional Behavioural difficulties). This role requires a committed, empathetic, enthusiastic and resilient Teaching Assistant with great communication skills that has experience working with Children with behaviours that challenge. You will be able to engage children that have become disengaged from Education and encourage and offer them support and guidance. You will work as part of a dedicated and committed team that have a child-centred approach to learning in all they do. This can work around your personal circumstances, for example alongside your studies, another job or on a full-time basis.
All of the schools that Vision for Education work with are dedicated to offering the best possible learning experience tailored to each students' individual needs.
To be considered for the role of Behaviour Support Assistant, you will:
- Have previous experience working with children with a range of abilities and special education needs
- Have suitable qualifications to work with young people and support students with SEND, this is highly desirable.
- Have strong communications skills with the ability to quickly built rapport with students.
- Be able to work as part of a team and be confident dealing with occasional behavioural challenges.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply<