Role and Responsibilities
The primary role of the photographer / set up team member is to follow procedures for picturing and videoing all items that are brought into jeff martin auctioneers, Inc. to be sold in auction:
· stage items
· picture / video items
· operate various types of heavy equipment and trucks
this position will also be required to operate heavy equipment; load and unload items; assist with inventory as needed.
· assist with checking in and writing up equipment
· write up and enter inventory as needed
· upload photos to auction program and various online platforms
· enter and organize all titled equipment in the computer system (make corrections as needed)
· match photos / videos in the system & organize as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· must have a valid driver license
· must have the ability to take quality pictures and videos
· must have a high school diploma or ged equivalent
· must be at least 18 years of age
· good computer skills with experience with micro-soft software; excel, word, outlook, power-point
· great communication. people skills and must have good writing skills
· must be willing to travel as needed for extended periods of time
· must have at least 1 year of heavy equipment operator experience and must be able to drive a standard transmission.
· inventory systems experience is a plus
· Exposed to the outdoor elements
· Open outside area; working with and around heavy equipment such as bull dozers, motor graders, skid steers, fork lifts, front end loaders, tractors, etc.
Physical Demands (standing, sitting, walking, lifting, reaching, climbing, crawling, etc)
· Standing continuously
· Walking continuously
· Lifting frequently (up to 50 lbs.)
· Reaching frequently
· Climbing frequently
· Crawling frequently
· Squatting frequently
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
· Hourly - (non-exempt)
· M-F - 8:00am - 5:30pm (some weekends)
· Travel - (8-10 weeks annually)
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE!
At Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc., we specialize in conducting absolute and public auctions. Our auctions contain construction equipment, industrial machinery and equipment, farm equipment, and transportation assets.
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. is here to fully service ALL your auction needs. No auction is too big or too small for us to handle! Our corporate headquarters is located right here in Brooklyn, Mississippi, 20 miles south of Hattiesburg, 45 miles north of Gulfport along Hwy. 49. This permanent 22-acre auction site, with an all-weather climate controlled auction arena, is where Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. holds several auctions throughout the year. We also host numerous auctions at customer sites throughout the US. Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. even offers online bidding for most of our auctions. This allows you to participate in our auctions from anywhere around the world.
Jeff Martin Auctioneers, Inc. conducts business with true southern hospitality! We pride ourselves on ALWAYS giving the best individual customer service where the buyers and sellers are treated like family.
Role: Photography / Set-Up Team - MS
Apply for this job now.