Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Operations Manager 2
in San Diego
at Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus
, which includes Sharp Memorial and Sharp Mary Birch Hospitals. The Department is responsible for facilities management, operations, and grounds maintenance for over 1.1 million square feet of hospital and ambulatory healthcare facilities on a 34 acre campus in near Mission Valley and Claremont Mesa.
Responsibilities at the hospital include but are not limited to:
Make an Immediate Impact.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for the engineering Department.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics, and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Controls expenditures within the limitations of the department and project budgets.
- Provides and ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all times.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with Joint Commission, EOC, Life Safety, and Emergency Preparedness survey inspections, preparation and document requirements.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations. Assists in gathering information and assembling files for State Health Inspections.
Are you a strategic Facilities professional who can drive innovation with exceptional results? As you grow your career, do you want the support of an industry leader in Facilities Management?
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up - Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account - multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers - unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. - provided by Dice