Do you have a passion for education and innovation? Do you enjoy teaching children in a classroom setting? Are you looking to inspire the next generation of problem-solvers and inventors?
If so, then a job at TinkRworks is right up your alley!
TinkRworks, a new and innovative company delivering exceptional STEM experiences to children, is looking for educators with classroom experience working with elementary school students to join our team. These individuals will be focused on delivering STEM themed lessons to local area schools between the hours of 3-5 PM in Glenview area schools and park districts.
For examples of the types of projects that TinkRworks develops, please visit our website at #removed#
- Deliver in-class content to children in a fun and engaging manner while maintaining the TinkRworks philosophy.
- Training and materials for all the projects and lessons will be provided.
- Training will take place at our centre in Hinsdale
- Deep passion for education
- Previous experience working with and/or educating elementary-aged learners
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle to travel to and from class locations.
- Willingness to travel to schools and park districts in the Western Suburbs including but not limited to: Naperville, St. Charles, Bolingbrook
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Power Point, Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, engineering, computer science or related field
- Experience delivering STEM-themed projects
TinkRworks is creating the next generation of innovators and problem-solvers by delivering exceptional STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) experiences to children. Through hands-on summer camp and after-school programs, we go beyond school learning and give young TinkRers space to explore real-world problems with cutting-edge tools and technologies. Tinkering develops life-long problem-solving and critical thinking skills; these are capabilities that will compromise the majority of global job growth for years ahead. The world increasingly needs creative thinkers to shape the future. TinkRworks is where tomorrow’s makers are made!
TinkRworks is Chicagoland’s premier provider of innovative and exceptional STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) experiences for children aged 6 - 18. Our approach immerses TinkRers in project based settings where they are faced with challenging problems to solve. Using combinations of 21st century skills (e.g., coding, 3D‐ printing, electronics) and traditional skills (e.g., woodworking, painting), TinkRers embrace these problems and tackle them head‐on, achieving beautiful results along the way. See for yourself as why Chicago Voyage Magazine recently named TinkRworks as one of "Chicago’s Most Inspiring Stories".
Role: STEM Instructor - Part Time
Apply for this job now.