The Field Registered Nurse is responsible for the direction, coordination and direct supervision of the agency’s paraprofessional staff and private duty/shift nursing services. This position provides in-field professional supervision and on the job training to home health aides, personal care aides, nurses. The Field Registered Nurse also assists in the agency’s continuing education/ inservice program and field competency testing of all clinical staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides assessment of newly referred patients, assesses health needs and eligibility for home care. Identifies the appropriate level of care required by the patient.
- Provides patients/families with information regarding agency services, fees, Bill of Rights, Advance Directives and agency policies.
- Develops an individualized Plan of Care for the patient based on needs and findings of the nursing assessment. Coordinates all care and services provided to the patient.
- Conducts aide competency reviews.
- Reviews and responds to complaints, grievances and incidents.
- Consults with DPS to maintain the highest quality care.
- Interprets and reinforces agency policy and procedures to professional and paraprofessional staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- NYS Licensed and currently registered as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or a related health or human services field, desired.
- One year experience in the provision of nursing care in an acute care facility. Three-five years satisfactory Nursing experience in Home Care.
Job Type: Part-time
Licensed Home Care Service Agency in Business over 25 years
Role: Field Nurse
Apply for this job now.