Company: WALLACE HIND SELECTION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Are you an Electrically / Electronic biased Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer or Multi-Skilled Engineer? Do you want to give up your early starts & late finishes, work sensible hours and not have to constantly work the 'voluntary' overtime? If so, you should consider this role with a world leading RFID technology installer. BASIC SALARY: up to £45,000 BENEFITS:
· Fully fitted vehicle
· 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
· Living & subsistence allowance
· Company Credit Card
· Phone & Laptop LOCATION:Home based and mainly covering the middle of the UK, you'll be based in the M1 corridor: Leicester, Nottingham, Loughborough, Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield, Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Leeds area. JOB DESCRIPTION: Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer : RFID, Vehicle Electronics, Telematics Home-based, mostly covering the middle of the UK you'll work a sensible week, with travel to your job site included within your normal working hours, so no ridiculous early starts. You'll cover 1-1.5 calls per day, although there will be times when you do need to travel further afield and stay overnight, but we plan well ahead so there'll be no surprises. You'll be installing, testing and calibrating our market leading RFID systems, weighing equipment and telematics systems on brand new and existing fleets of HGV vehicles. You'll be fully trained in all aspects of systems calibration and servicing so it's an excellent opportunity to increase your skills on the calibration side of things, if you're not already strong there. Your day to day will be very varied and include:
· Installation, repair, calibration and testing of RFID & telematics systems and weighing systems on existing HGV vehicles, in the field, at customer and OEM sites.
· Installation, commissioning & customer training of new systems on new vehicles.
· Provision of technical telephone support to customers, when required. You'll also be responsible for accurate completion of all necessary documentation, maintaining your vehicles spare part stock levels and advising customers when system / technology improvements could be made to their equipment. PERSON SPECIFICATION: Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer : RFID, Vehicle Electronics, Telematics You'll be a time served, electrically or electronic biased Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer or Multi-Skilled Engineer with some form of technology equipment service, installation and/or calibration experience. You will also:
· Be educated to NVQ level 3 or higher and a life-long learner.
· Be willing to work indoors and outside, in all weathers.
· Have a full driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK when required, including occasional overnight stays and training trips to Germany. We're particularly interested in applicants with any automotive electrical systems and / or electronic systems experience. We're looking for people who love to learn and we'll fully invest in your training. Once you're up and running this will be stand-alone role, so it's important that you are self-motivated and able to work independently. You'll need excellent problem solving & trouble-shooting skills with the ability to think on your feet. It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Calibration Engineer, Technical Engineer, Field Maintenance Engineer, RFID, Calibration, Weighing Systems, Commercial Vehicle Electrics, Vehicle Electronics, Telematics, Metrology. INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application. Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct. REF: LH17008, Wallace Hind Selection