ASSISTANT TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
(Focus on Pension Wise service)
c.£36,000 per annum
This role offers 100% remote working so you can be based anywhere in the UK
Both part time and full-time hours are available
"As an Assistant Technical Specialist, you will be joining a busy team of pensions experts, you will work with us to help achieve our vision through interactions with customers that truly have the potential to change lives. You will not only have experience of working in pensions, likely gained through a career in the industry and relevant qualifications, but crucially the ability to bring this knowledge alive when talking to people"
As an Assistant Technical Specialist, you will be responsible to ensure the provision of quality services to the public within the Pensions Operations team and deliver the Government’s Pension Wise service.
The following are the main duties of the Assistant Technical Specialist role:
- Provide accurate pension and retirement information and guidance to members of the public through the provision of the telephony-based Pension Wise service.
- Respond proactively to customer demand, working to agreed service delivery standards.
- Provide timely and accurate follow up information that adds value to the services provided and is clear and easy to understand.
- Contribute towards shared technical know-how in the office.
In addition, you may be required to:
- Provide pension guidance on our national helpline and webchat channels
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our service through ad hoc project work
- Undertake outreach at pension industry or individual corporate events to provide guidance on general or specific pension issues
- Attend meetings and workshops etc., within the scope of the role.
Our team of Pension Specialists provide the above services to the public between the times of 8.00am to 8.00pm Monday to Friday, and 9.00am to 1.00pm on Saturdays. As a flexible employer we are open to discuss what work patterns are mutually beneficial to meet our needs.
Experience, knowledge, and qualification requirements
- You will have a good foundation knowledge of pensions’ law and practice across a broad range of pension arrangements and a sound understanding of wider retirement issues.
- This knowledge combined with your strong service ethos will show in your ability and eagerness to help members of the public by translating complex ideas and topics into clear English.
- Your commitment to on-going personal and professional development will encourage you to take on additional tasks and training that supports both the wider MaPs team and your performance in the role.
- APMI or CII qualifications or equivalent in related areas are desirable but not essential.
At the heart of the Money and Pensions Service are our values - caring, connecting and transforming, which are the foundation of our success. They permeate every area of our work and define all our business relationships and the way we work with each other. We’re not only looking for the best people in and around Bedford to come and work for us, but we need people who align themselves to our values: -
Caring: We care about our colleagues and people whose lives we are here to transform.
Connecting: We will transform lives through our ability to make positive connections.
Transforming: We are committed to transforming lives and make a positive societal impact.
At MaPS, we help people - particularly those most in need - to improve their financial wellbeing and build a better, more confident future. Working collaboratively across the UK, we make sure customers can access high-quality money and pensions guidance and debt advice throughout their lives, however and whenever they need it.
What Money and Pensions Service can offer you?
- Generous Annual Leave - 30 days plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme - contributions matched 2 to 1 (up to 10% of your salary)
- Interest-free loan to help you buy season tickets for buses and trains
- Subsidised eye test & flu jabs
- Life assurance scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- PAM Assist and PAM Life scheme (Wellbeing)
- Enhanced family and sick pay
- Paid volunteering (2 days a year)
- Recognition Scheme
- Discounts portal to numerous retailers
"Please note - if you have applied for this role within the past 6 months your application will not be considered at this stage"