Company: SOUTHEASTERN DATA COOPERATIVE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
SEDC is hiring a Solutions Consultant/Sales Engineer to help with the Vision 2025 mission headquartered in our Atlanta office.
SEDC is a Cooperative, and a family of complementary companies with over 60 years of collective leadership as software solutions and support providers for the utility industry. Made up of SEDC, Arista, and Futura Systems, our family is a diverse group of developers, designers, analysts, instructors, a dedicated support team, and many others who work in concert to provide top-tier services to our members and customers. We seek individuals who embody the cooperative spirit of collaboration and shared responsibility to join our forward journey. We champion all voices and backgrounds while celebrating that which binds us together, and we'd love to have you.
The Sales Engineer's primary role is to support Hunters and Farmers to increase successful close of new opportunities (cross-sell, net new) by providing expertise and product demonstrations that illustrate SEDC's modern and innovative solutions to new and installed Customers/Members. This requires the ability to analyze customer needs and requirements and illustrate how SEDC solutions can provide value and support their organization. Act as subject matter expert in support of current or prospective member/customer needs.
- Maintains as a team extensive knowledge of complex aspects of a utility's business, and technology used in the utilities industry.
- Maintain extensive knowledge in regional and regulatory requirements as they pertain to specific utilities/types of utility organizations.
- Conduct discovery calls with prospects or current members/customers to gain detailed knowledge of issues, business goals and requirements to ensure the proper solution is demonstrated in the allotted time.
- Set up the database and build the data to support the business solution for the demonstration.
- Demonstrate the solution in a clear, concise, professional manner utilizing established best practices.
- Answer client questions on product functionality, integration, and usage mapping back to the business need or goal.
- Provide consultative feedback based on analysis of client needs, clearly illustrating the unique value proposition of SEDC products.
- Maintain the data within the sales database to showcase the SEDC solutions in a manner that is relatable to the Customer/Member.
- Work with the development and integration teams to have a fully integrated ERP solution database that is ready to be shown to the Customer/Member.
- Support the Sales team
- Serves as a resource to the sales team, providing demos, sales support, and resolving customer issues.
- Assists in the qualification phase of the sales cycle to gain an understanding of the client requirements and assess if SEDC solutions will provide value to the prospect.
- Answer functional questions on RFP's
- Assist with the organization of the product demonstration agenda.
- Works in partnership with sales team to strategize sales approaches.
- Answer sales team questions on product functionality, integration, and usage.
- Internal Relations
- Build trusted relationships with development, implementations, and product support to enhance product knowledge and develop solutions that are considered best practices and supported throughout the organization.
- Provide feedback to development on product acceptance, market trends and expectations to ensure SEDC's product development is aligned with a changing marketplace. Communicate to appropriate levels of the organization needs or requests uncovered during the demo discovery process.
- Build structured relationships with Hunters, Farmers, and the operational team members to align with strategies and methodologies to grow relationships and revenue.
- Represent SEDC at industry conferences and workshops to meet with installed and prospective Customer/Members. Leads generated from these activities may require a formal introductory handoff to the BDM.
- Provide presentations to SEDC users, C-Level staff, or industry conferences as a subject matter expert as needed.
- Delivers best in class customer support to Member/Customers by being responsive, friendly, and committed to delivering the best service.
- Builds relationships with clients, gaining partnership and trust. Strives to exceed expectations and truly listen to Member/Customer needs.
- Contributes to SEDC's high performance and highly engaged company culture by demonstrating deep commitment and passion for customer service.
- Travel: 50-70%
- Bachelors Degree with 5-6 years in Solution Sales.
Guided by the SEDC Vision 2025 strategy, our leaders have developed 5 stretch goals to achieve a best-in-class organization for our members, customers, and employees.
It is a priority that our future team member embraces these goals and demonstrate the behaviors to guide the company to realize success:
- Act as One Unified Company
- Put Our Members/Customers First in All We Do
- Be Known for Our Innovative Products and People
- Grow our Reputation and Market Share
- Compete on Culture
Vision 2025 - To become the best version of ourselves in order to better serve you and give you the support you need to continue to grow.
- Competitive medical benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life
- 401(k) with up to 9% in company contributions after one year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness reimbursement plan