SET the product quality strategy & plan, prepare and review test plans while demonstrating the value that quality processes add through a metric-driven approach as the next QA Manager sought by a fast-paced Asset Management Specialist based in Bellville. The ideal candidate must preferably have Matric/Grade 12, QA related Test Management Certification i.e., ISTQB Testing Management, 7 years' experience in the Full Software Quality Assurance Lifecycle including 2 years' experience in a Management/Team Leadership role - building and managing QA teams, able to recognise and bring out the best in the team. You must be comfortable writing and debugging code, demonstrable experience in Manual and Automated QA, ideally in a continuous delivery environment & must have experience testing web applications and APIs.
QA Leadership -
- Sign-off on the final release readiness for product and component releases to provide customers, stakeholders, and executives with assurance that the product suite is released to the best possible quality standards.
- Establish Quality Assurance discipline as an integral component of the Software Development Lifecycle and report on measurable quality improvements.
- Mentorship and team enablement approach.
- Defect Management.
- Test effectiveness measurement.
- Test scope determination.
- Be the primary contact for all matters related to QA.
- Set the product quality strategy and plan, and then measure and report on the effective execution thereof.
- Define the key measures for software and product quality and report on these.
- Develop, publish, and maintain a QA roadmap of tooling and process improvement and ensure the team is aligned.
Process and Tooling -
- Microsoft Teams.
- Azure DevOps.
- Plan, manage, and measure the Quality Assurance discipline at so that we can be confident that our QA team operates like an industry leading QA team.
- Identify the correct tools and QA process and ensure cadence with the Software Development team's Agile practices.
- Preparation and review of test plans.
- Monitor all QA activity, test results, defect rates and areas of improvement.
- Bear continuous improvement in mind, constantly review the quality process and drive further efficiencies and improvements.
- Utilize all quality and testing tools optimally, including balancing Automation versus Manual Testing.
Continuous Improvement -
- Demonstrate the value that quality processes add through a metric-driven approach.
- Champion the value and benefits of quality to the business and other senior managers through regular communication and knowledge-sharing.
- Keep up to date on knowledge of latest QA techniques and trends.
Coaching and Mentoring -
- Work with the QA team to develop personal development and training plans and provide opportunity for learning.
- Mentor and coach QA team members, ensuring the success of the team's Manual and Automation Testing.
- Matric, Relevant Tertiary Qualification would be preferential.
- QA related Test Management Certification i.e., ISTQB Testing Management.
- 7 Years' experience in the Full Software Quality Assurance Lifecycle.
- 2 Years' experience in a Management/Team Leadership role - Building and managing QA teams, able to recognise and bring out the best in the team.
- Demonstrable experience in Manual and Automated QA, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience of modern QA automation and monitoring tools.
- Functional and Non-functional T