Expedient is a provider of cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our technical solutions enable Expedient clients to focus on their own business innovation, while our team handles the information technology needed to support it.
We are looking for a strong technical sales professional to join the team in Indianapolis as Client Advisor. This position will partner with our team of subject matter experts in order to design and develop technical solutions for our existing client base in Indianapolis. This is a consultative, technical sales role that requires a strong understanding of the business and how Expedient technology will benefit the client.
We are a CRN Top 100 Data Center and Solutions Provider, a Top Workplace winner for the past four consecutive years, ranked among the Top 10 Managed Service Providers and we are one of a select few vendors positioned in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service.
The Client Advisor's success is measured by the growth of our existing client base and by the overall business in our Indianapolis market. This means an increase in client interaction, increased contracts and renewals for new services, a broader relationship with the client and their key technical decision-makers.
We are looking for experience and demonstrated success in technical sales or a previous role in pre-sales engineering or solutions architecture.
- Prospect and strategize existing Expedient client base in the Indianapolis market to forecast growth and future needs based on client business, industry trends and the local business climate
- Exceed quota for growth of existing client base including upgrading equipment, closing renewals, and foreseeing future technical needs
- Partner with Expedient Solutions Architects and SMEs to visit existing clients, growing that client relationships with their technical and executive members
- Review and evaluate existing client environments, recommending service and technology to meet both their existing and anticipated needs
- Attend trade shows and participate as a speaker in marketing events
- Develop and present informative solutions demonstrations/presentations to existing clients
- Strong sense of curiosity to learn about Expedient technology and the dynamic landscape of the tech industry; ability and willingness to regularly receive instruction on new products and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to explain complex concepts to a wide variety of individuals with varying technical skills
- Strong understanding of Internet/IP related technologies including, but not limited to, routing, switching and sub-netting
- Understanding of core ISP technologies such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP/S and WAN
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business is preferred
- Experience selling in the Indianapolis tech community and familiarity with commerce and business in and around the area
- Ability to provide sales numbers from previous B2B and/or solutions-based sales positions that demonstrate success and meeting/exceeding sales targets and quotas
- Strong time-management skills to prioritize work load and adhere to a monthly quota and pre-set sales volume
- A self-driven and self-motivated work ethic is absolutely necessary
- Experience and success selling through long sales cycles and large complex selling
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place a high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. We make education and training available to employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- provided by Dice