Company: TOTAL TOOL SUPPLY, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Total Tool is a 40-year-old rapidly growing company serving the construction supply industry with 12 branch locations across 8 states. Our culture is what sets us apart, we are a collaborative and relationship-driven team, operating according to our core values in everything we do: Family, Commitment, Integrity, Change, Excellence, and Concern for Others.
Join our team and live our mission, to provide customers the BEST solutions with the BEST service by the BEST people!
Total Tool has an immediate career opportunity for a Field Service Technician for our Crane & Hoist Division, in the Appleton / Oshkosh, WI areas.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Field Service Technician will report directly to the Crane & Hoist General Manager. This position will be responsible for the following functional areas:perform OSHA required Inspections, general maintenance, and repair of all types of overhead cranes and hoisting equipment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for outside sales staff and management
- Manage & maintain inventory in service vehicles (truck stock): cycle counts, stocking/back-stocking, and bin locating for all facets of truck inventory
- Assist with daily/monthly work lists: trailer, man lift & truck checklists, and inspections, when applicable
- Perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes and hoists at varied customer locations, as directed
- Conduct on-site electrical, mechanical, structural and electronic troubleshooting to determine the cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment
- Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety-related issues and discuss recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their material handling applications, prior to leaving the job site
- Complete and provide proper electronic documentation utilizing the established company digital tools required for each service
- Generate sales leads during service calls and report to service office, following established guidelines
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver's license. Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Must be able to work varied overtime, as required by the customer, be available for “on-call” as part of the service office rotation and be able to travel and work out of town on a regular basis.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% throughout the Midwest to service customers - company vehicles and stipends are provided
- Must be able to work at heights while reaching overhead
- Highly motivated
- Hardworking, Humble, and Hungry
- An exceptional work ethic
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to pass DOT physical
- Must undergo initial drug screening & random testing
- This position requires frequent climbing, balancing, stooping/crouching, and overhead reaching. This position requires occasional pushing, pulling, kneeling and crawling. Approximately 90% of the time spent inside and 10% outside. This position is exposed to heat, cold, noise and heights
- Will be required lift 50-75lbs regularly, will on rare occasion be required to lift more
- Must be agile enough to climb into and out of a scissor lift on a regular basis and be able to bend and turn enough to look around corners over and under equipment
- Must work overhead regularly
- Must be able to drive for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand on a hard surface for extended periods of times
- The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You want to work for the best construction supplier in the world
- You have the need to grow with a progressive company
- You want to work for a company that cares about you
- You value good service and integrity as much as we do
- You believe that good enough is not good enough
Powered by JazzHR