Company: METALIS ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Metalis are working with a specialist manufacturer who design, build and ship original machined solutions across a variety of sectors. Our client is seeking a buyer who specialises within the Engineering and Manufacturing sectors.
The main duties of the role will be sourcing & buying of materials for the whole business. You will be tasked with procurement based on the best quality, delivery times, service and cost. This is a Monday to Friday role paying up to £40,000 salary for the right candidate.
- Ensure KPI's are managed and exceeded in particular; Cost Pricing, Spend vs Budget, Margin delivery.
- Negotiate contracts with main suppliers. Aiming to drive a better price or signing exclusivity contracts.
- Manage quality standards and ensure what is discussed/agreed is reviewed regularly upon receipt of goods.
- Monitoring of stock levels, communicating with stores team and reordering when required.
- Manage the entire remedial process and make any changes within it to improve and control costs
- Perform analysis of previous purchase orders to identify potential cost saving activities.
- Work with a variety of stakeholder and build long lasting relationships based on high integrity.
- Be able to question current working practices and make suggestions on improvements.
- Ensure products, material and services are delivered on-time in full by analysing data, forecasts and utilising planning spreadsheet alongside the current ERP system
- Stringent material control is required to assure company targets are met (spend, usage, scrap, inventory levels)
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with associate departments (Sales, Customer Service and Production, Warehouse, Accounts)
- Previous experience in a Engineering/Mechanical Purchasing (buyer) role.
- Confident communicator who is comfortable with speaking to many people.
- Strong written & verbal skills.
- Able to use Microsoft packages, email and able to learn SAP/ERP systems.
- A keen negotiator who enjoys the challenge of getting the best deal.
- A well rounded knowledge of different metals and material uses.
- Understanding of various components.
We would like to speak with Buyers, Purchasing executives, Key account managers, Materials Handlers, BOM Managers, Sales Negotiators, Engineering Buyer.