Installation Technician Job Description
GENERAL SUMMARY: Services customers by evaluating, installing and servicing products and equipment.
• Provides installation, service, repair and instruction of use for mobility products and equipment.
• Assist with home remodeling for ease of access for disabled persons.
• Schedules service calls and deliveries based on work orders.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
• Installation of stairlifts, ramps, vertical platform lifts, patient lifts, auto lifts, elevators and other related products.
• Contacts customers through the phone and in person to provide technical service support.
• Thoroughly trains customers how to use the product(s) in a safe manner.
• Evaluates the customers environment for safe and effective means for installation of
• Maintains warehouse inventory in an organized and efficient manner.
• Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
• Coordinates daily work efforts with all aspects of the organization.
• Identifies and adheres to safe workplace practices and observance of OSHA and fire
• Transport products in a company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner, adhering to all
• Utilizes the proprietary operating system to record customer interactions, upload pictures
and other related paperwork, set and review scheduled appointments.
• Safely load equipment in an orderly and secure manner in accordance with policies.
Reports directly to manager
• Must possess at least 1 year experience in the technical/construction sector.
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers
(consultative sales approach).
• Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Ability to lift 100 lbs.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
• Willingness to work extended hours and weekends.
• Mechanical and technical ability with electronics and installation and servicing of
101 Mobility of Pittsburgh is the area's leading handicap accessibility contractor. We service the greater Pittsburgh area. We solve all types of accessibility issues from, steps, bathroom modifications, to elevators in the home.
Role: Stairlift/Ramp/Elevator Installation Technician
Apply for this job now.