Mechanical Design Engineer is needed for safety critical products that make a difference and saves lives. You will be working at an innovative R&D facility for a global manufacturer.
SALARY: £38,000 to £45,000
· Flexitime, including 2 days home working
· 25 Days Holidays plus Bank Holidays
· Extensive Training Allowance
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Leicester, Burton-upon-Trent
Why do Mechanical Design Engineers join us?
This is what our engineers say: "this is an opportunity where you will work on the development of the latest in vehicle technology", "culture that encourages individuality and creativity", "they paid for my program to achieve chartered status", "a supportive culture that actively promotes work life balance".
Why is this your next role?
· You will be encouraged to think freely to identify novel solutions to engineering challenges.
· Your ideas will progress into real life products, supported by a highly resourced research and development company.
· You could benefit from un-rivalled support with training and development, including support to achieve chartered status.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Mechanical Design Engineer
As our Mechanical Design Engineer you will be a key member of the team responsible for design and development of mechanical components and assemblies used within pneumatic systems. You will follow projects through the complete development process from concept design, organising the manufacture of prototype parts with external suppliers, test and validation, market launch and into production. You must be able to work within an environment with changing priorities as different projects are won and design concepts are proven / dismissed.
RESPONSBILITIES: Mechanical Design Engineer
· Work on full life-cycle sub-system projects from initial concept and into manufacture.
· Design components and assemblies to fulfil product specifications.
· Develop 3D models and associated 2D detailed drawings for manufacture.
· Utilise design tools to produce associated design calculations.
· Compile product specifications and documentation, including material finish, to support production processes.
· Place orders with and manage external suppliers for delivery of services, parts and prototypes.
· Ensure time and cost targets are met to produce commercially viable products.
REQUIREMENTS: Mechanical Design Engineer
To be successful in your application as Mechanical Design Engineer you MUST be from a component / assembly development background and be able to commute to Nuneaton region or be prepared to relocate. We are particularly keen to receive applications from individuals who have a genuine passion for engineering and problem solving.
Essentially, as our Mechanical Design Engineer you will:
· Be able to think at a conceptual level to solve design challenges.
· Have personally worked on at least one full life-cycle new product development project.
· Hold experience of designing components for manufacture.
· Proficient in the use of 3D and 2D CAD systems (ideally ProE / Creo, but not essential).
· Be experienced with the design of mechanical components to work within pressurised systems.
· Hold a qualification in a mechanical engineering discip