HFW is a sector focused global law firm. We have over 500 lawyers working across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We take a progressive approach to our roles in commercial business – thinking creatively and pragmatically to support our clients.
Whether we are solving complex issues within the construction, aviation or shipping industries, or providing advice across insurance, commodities and energy we are specialist lawyers here to add value to our clients. We think about the commercial solution first, and then underpin our advice with a solid foundation of legal expertise.
This is the firm's first dedicated pricing resource and we are looking for someone who can build this function from the ground up, including developing pricing guidelines, training materials as well as drive the development of systems to support pricing.
- Take responsibility for training partners and associates on pricing strategy and negotiation, alternative fee arrangements ("AFA"), and value propositions; utilise outside consultants as appropriate.
- Analyse matter pricing and profitability to understand the underlying pricing trends and issues and propose strategies to respond to the firm's particular pricing challenges.
- Support client pitches on pricing through modelling and sensitivity testing of proposed fee arrangements (including preparation of budgets); creating and reviewing reports pertaining to pricing.
- Development of policies, processes, guidelines and reference materials pertaining to pricing to assist pricing decisions.
- Create and maintain a database of existing ongoing fee arrangements with clubs and other major clients, review profitability trends and recommend revisions in a timely manner.
- Stay informed of current AFA trends within the legal market; learn and apply new concepts; seek to develop and propose innovations in the field;
- Work with the client on-boarding, Revenue and Finance systems team as SME and propose enhancement/development to systems to enhance quality of information on pricing as well as the development of pricing tools.
- Support annual review and increases of rates across the firm's network of offices.
- Any other ad hoc duties as may be required.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Experience of law firm or other professional services in a similar role
- Accounting background essential
- Strong analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal as the role will require presentation to key stakeholders and collaboration across departments
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills
- Customer focussed, responsive with ability to meet deadline and work under pressure.
Kindly note that this job description is not contractual. It will be reviewed periodically and may be amended or altered to meet the needs of the firm.
Due to the volume of applications, only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
HFW endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list.
HFW collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants to manage its recruitment process. The firm is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. For information on how the firm will process your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website (#removed#/Privacy-Notice), in the section "What we collect and how we use it".
HFW aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will be considered only on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.