Teaching Assistants required for a 'Good' graded school in Wigan.
Teaching Personnel are in the process of recruiting a number of Teaching Assistants for a smaller than average mixed comprehensive Secondary school from September 2021. The school wish to appoint Teaching Assistants for both full and part-time positions and wish to make appointments at the earliest convenience.
- Teaching Assistants required - September start.
- Working within an Ofsted graded 'Good' Secondary school in Wigan.
- Daily pay rate of £65 - £75 per day.
- Supporting the class teacher in class, ensuring lessons operate efficiently.
- Experience working within a secondary school or with students aged 11-16 is essential to be considered for this position.
Our client Secondary school have a number of positions available in September and have asked Teaching Personnel to support them throughout the process of recruitment. With a higher influx of students joining the school in September, the school aim to bolster their team of Teaching Assistants and Support Staff to ensure that the transition of year 7 students is as smooth as possible. The school are offering both full and part-time roles on a temporary basis for one term initially, however there may also be the opportunity to work beyond this period.
Your roles in class will include;
- Working with children on a 1:1 basis providing general in class support and aiding the learning of students that require additional support.
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour, and promoting positive behaviour during the school day.
- Lead small intervention sessions with students that are behind in work.
- You will have the opportunity to gain experience covering lessons in the absence of the class teacher with full support.
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities that challenge pupils' abilities.
Our client secondary school is smaller than average and currently has 800 pupils on roll. The school is based on the outskirts of Wigan and is just minutes away from the A580. There are an abundance of transport links in and out of Wigan and the school can be easily accessed from surrounding areas.
For immediate consideration please send an updated CV to Zack via the link below or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch for further information.