Positions Available: We have position both in Hardware and Lumber available. Some of these requirements differ depending on which job you are interested in and are hired for.
Summary: Responsible for providing customer service, maintaining shelf appearance, and the overall appearance of the Hardware or Lumber Department by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for customer service.*
2. Responsible for selling.*
3. Responsible for understanding the features and benefits of the products offered and makes recommendations based on customer needs.*
4. Responsible for processing invoices.*
5. Loads merchandise onto carts or the customer vehicles.*
6. Responsible for cutting merchandise as required.*
7. Stocks merchandise.*
8. Responsible for sweeping, trash removal, and other maintenance as required.* (LUMBER)
9. Responsible for register transactions.*
10. Follows opening and closing procedures of the registers when assigned.*
11. Answers incoming calls for the department.*
12. Responsible for training new associates once tenured.*
13. Completes deliveries with the driver. (LUMBER)
14. Acts as a parking lot attendant.
15. Assists in construction and improvement projects for the store.
16. Performs any other duties as assigned.
17. Assist at the podium when necessary. (LUMBER)
To peorm this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of internal store operating system and a point of sale system.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license
SHELL LUMBER AND HARDWARE WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1928 AND EVER SINCE THAT DAY, IT'S MISSION HAS BEEN TO CREATE A ONE-STOP SHOPPING EXPERIENCE WITH GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, EXCEPTIONAL PRICING AND QUALITY PRODUCTS.
Role: Hardware/Lumber Associate
Apply for this job now.