BMI Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Ward Manager to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Robust understanding of Clinical Governance requirements for the area.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience within a Clinical Managerial role.
- Energetic, proactive and driven to succeed.
- Acts on own initiative and problem solves utilising resources available. Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the clinical services, responsible for day to day organisation and management of clinical departments.
- Providing clear direction and leadership to all clinical staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital.
- Taking responsibility to lead the department under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services.
- To work clinical as required, with a minimum of one clinical shift per week.
- Achievement of labour management target, nursing costs KPI and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Consultants, patients and relatives need to be dealt with sensitively and effectively.
- To ensure within the clinical areas that staff identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care/service.
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, taking action as required addressing any deficiencies highlighted.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare for this position offers a salary of up to £48,000 and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.