For more than half a century, CHA has provided planning, design, construction, and asset management services to the nation’s top airports. Through this work on countless aviation projects totaling hundreds of millions of dollars, our dedicated aviation professionals have built strong working relationships with the FAA and state transportation offices. We have an in-depth understanding of state and federal regulations, as well as the technical requirements and challenges faced by modern airports.
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated Airport Planner for our Chantilly, VA office, with other locations possible:
- Albany, NY
- Indianapolis, IN
- Atlanta, GA
- Norwell, MA
- Responsible for planning and coordination of airport master plans, environmental reports, and related studies at commercial service and general aviation airports.
- Candidate will work with a team of planners and engineers, assisting with projects including airport master plans, airport layout plans, site selection studies, obstruction analysis, forecasting, noise and environmental evaluations, sustainability evaluations, etc.
- Airline terminal building planning (e.g., sizing, layout, aprons, integration).
- Able to present projects and plans in a public setting and translate technical knowledge into laymen terms.
- Experience working with airport boards, FAA, regulatory agencies, and other organizations.
- Develop work plans to coincide milestones of a project.
- Select procedures and check complete reports and calculations.
- Lead entry and junior level staff.
- May assist or be involved in the technical scope of proposal development.
- Some travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Civil Engineering or related discipline required.
- Master’s degree in related disciplines preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant airport planning experience.
- Applicable certifications are encouraged: AICP, AAAE Certified Member, Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with AEDT/INM, ESRI / ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MS Illustrator, Google Sketchup and AviPLAN / PathPlanner / AeroTURN preferred.
- Must possess strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Valid driver's license.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CHA Consulting, Inc. is a highly diversified, full-service engineering and construction management firm working to responsibly improve the world we live in. With decades of experience, CHA brings together the talent, technology, and partnerships to meet our clients’ evolving needs. Located throughout the United States and Canada, we provide a wide range of planning and design services to public, private and institutional clients.
Our talented professionals strive to elate our clients in everything we do. We act as your single point of contact from start to finish, utilizing technology advancements and adapting teams, schedules, budgets and services to each unique challenge. Our client focus is driven by trust and collaboration. Together with you, we design, study, manage, and build projects that enhance our world.
At CHA, engineering and client engagement go hand-in-hand. Providing both yields amazing value... and amazing results.
Role: Airport Planner
Apply for this job now.