COMPANY: 121 RECRUITMENT
JOB TYPE: Temporary
SALARY: From £316 to £400 per day PAYE, Ltd or Umbrella Company Pay Rate
The successful candidate will have the relevant skills and experience specified below for this 4/5 month temporary contract based in the South East/Reading. Please Note: This assignment sits outside of IR35.Job Description:
Performing analysis to produce logical Data Models. Gather and review data to produce system data models. Distributing data and resolving issues raised. Modelling and analysing data. Responding to requests for analysis. Develop processes for maintaining data across internal and external sources.
This individual will provide GDPR analytical expertise to assess the structure, content, currency and quality of data in target systems, to include modelling and investigation of ETL processes, profiling potential and alignment of data to business processes. Working alongside data architects, business analysts and system owners, the data analyst will be required to model data structures, content and flows and identify and validate issues and risks in support of a wider assessment against GDPR protocols, processes and policies.
The individual will provide the system-level view of data to inform data architects and business analysts.Deliverables to include:
• Data discovery and mapping exercises to determine the 5 W’s (what, when, where, why, who) and 1 H (how) of the RPA schemes and processes data lifecycles (flows) in scope and in line with the Use Cases and Scenarios defined
• Attribution and relational models for personal data held within Agency systems
• Data flow models to expose transfers and ETL processes between systems
• Data quality analysis to identify what personal data is held in systems, including an assessment of data currency and consistency, use of formal identifiers and the potential for the identification of data subjects through data profiling activities.
• Conceptual data modelling based on Privacy by Design with the applicable GDPR articles.
Through the analysis of target systems, the individual will assist in the identification of risks and issues relating to personal data structures, content and flows in support of GDPR compliance; building relationships with people across the organisation to include data specialists, information asset owners, business line management, and the wider Defra organisation.
This assignment provides an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for practical data analysis and specifically regulatory/Data Protection/GDPR/data quality. The role will involve a combination of:Early discovery exercise and impact/risk analysis working closely with business analysts and data architects.
- Creating models for target systems, to include relational, data flow and ETL analysis.
- Analyse the content of relevant data tables to establish quality and currency of data holdings.
- Identify and assess personal data identifiers and their sharing and use in adjacent systems
- Assess associated attribution for the potential of profiling activities to identify data subjects
- Assess data assets against established business processes
- Effective collaboration and communication with operations, project managers and stakeholders, subject matter experts, sponsors, suppliers, and key players in the wider Defra organisation. Qualification/Experience:
Previous experience of working with DBMS and data analysis, modelling, data quality and queries; knowledge of GDPR and an understanding of data profiling and processing. Key skills include:
• Experience in data modelling and mapping, to include data flow, UML, relational modelling and use of commercial modelling tools.
• Experience of ETL processes and query construction (SQL)
• Experience of data quality assessment
• Data profiling and data protection assessments
• Business process mapping
• Data impact and risk assessment
• Data protection policy and procedures
• GDPR business analysis
• Knowledge of Data Protection Act and EU GDPR regulationCompetencies:
Setting Direction - Seeing the Bigger Picture
Able to analyse problems and identify key issues, supporting the development of innovative and creative solutions. Using sound judgement to meet the needs of the business, ensuring stakeholders and customers are fully considered.
Setting Direction - Changing and Improving
Aptitude demonstrated for working effectively in a changing environment and seeks out opportunities to support effective change.
The successful candidate will have a valid Disclosure of Scotland or be willing to apply for one on CV submission.
Please Note: The lower pay rate advertised in this job description is the PAYE daily pay rate. The higher pay rate advertised in this job description is the highest Ltd or Umbrella Company daily pay rate that the client is willing to pay up to.