- Train, motivate and lead a team of 10 - 20 employees
- Train and audit policies and procedures
- Become proficient in all aspects of the jobs you supervise and the warehouse management system
- Promote and ensure safety requirements are met
- Promote motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse.
- Oversee housekeeping
- Complete necessary inventory requirements
- Work effectively with peers and the Facility Manager for the overall success of the facility
- Flexibility, work schedule - Available for night shift if needed
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Shall be able to handle lifting up to 50 lbs and climbing
- Prior management and production experience
- The ability to communicate with confidence and build respect.
- Able to operate powered material handling equipment.
- Have desktop PC experience.
The shifts are 12 hour shifts that do NOT rotate.
Gilmer is a third party logistics company. We are family owned and operated in the Middle GA area for over 30 years. Competitive Pay and Benefits. Advancement Opportunities. Clean environment.
Equal opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace - Applicants and Employees are subject to testing requirements
Role: Shift Manager
Apply for this job now.