ONE of SA's leading Industrial IoT firms developing software solutions for the Mining, Healthcare & Maritime sectors seeks a technically minded Production Supervisor to join its team. Your core role will be to aid the Production Manager with the oversight and organization of equipment, staff and processes on the Production floor. You will require 5 years' experience in technology production/assembly with at least 3 years in a Supervisory role managing people, experience in Process control (Ability to monitor and adjust a proves to give a desired output), Inventory and the management thereof & Bills of Materials. You will also need be knowledgeable of implementing the Health and Safety act of South Africa, be proficient in MS Office and have experience in the production environment and a good understanding of Inventory Management.
Production/Assembly Order Management -
- Take ownership of delivering orders on time, within budget and according to specification.
- Order scheduling and progress updates.
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers and contractors.
- Create Bill of Material's and liaise with Finance to approve and place relevant orders.
Production/Assembly Operations -
- Improve and enforce the assembly processes and workflows.
- Understand and resolve operational issues.
- Enforce quality control procedures and ensure adherence.
- Implement and maintain Health & Safety policies for production site.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation by ensuring the safety of all employees.
- Manage the production process (from project kick-off to shipment.
- Shop Floor management.
- Production job processing.
- Monitor Production output according to specifications.
- Oversee the manufacturing process and assist where required with complex technical procedures.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
Staff/Team Management -
- Manage production staff (Exp. Leave, Discipline, or any related staff queries).
- Manage production staff.
- Organise workflow and prepare schedules.
- Train and mentor Production staff.
Supplier Management -
- Source suppliers or contractors to outsource work when needed.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors maintain good relationship, negotiating payment terms, discounts etc.
- Qualification in a technical, engineering or relevant field will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in technology production/assembly.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a Supervisory role managing people.
- Experience in Process control (Ability to monitor and adjust a proves to give a desired output).
- Inventory and the management thereof.
- Bills of Materials.
- Processes and workflow control experience.
- Knowledge and experience implementing the Health and Safety act of South Africa.
- Experience in the production environment and have a good understanding of Inventory Management.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- A valid Driver's Licence and own transport (might be required to travel to suppliers from time to time, KMs travelled will be reimbursed according to SARS recommendations).
- Project Management experience.
- Experience using various types of manufacturing machines/tools.
- Proficient in Unleashed or similar Inventory management system.
- Continuous improvement certificatio