Leasing Specialist Job Summary:
Job Description: The Leasing Specialist acts as the first point of contact for all perspective residents. This customer focused sales position interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. The Leasing Specialist performs all activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins and lease renewals.
Reports to: Leasing Manager
Wage Status: Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
▪ Generates and handles traffic, leasing apartments, qualifying prospects, preparing lease documentation, and completing move-in paperwork and procedures.
▪ Assists residents throughout their residency.
▪ Reviews apartment home availability on a daily basis.
▪ Lead guests to vacant and/or model apartments and discusses the features and benefits that meet the needs of the quests.
▪ Verifies qualifications of applicants.
▪ Completes lease agreements and collects rental deposits.
▪ Participates in any outside marketing events as required.
▪ Maintains courteous communications with residents, applicants, and representatives of other companies.
▪ 2 years sales experience in a retail, hospitality or multi-family housing environment
▪ Undergraduate degree preferred
▪ Proficiency in Microsoft Office
▪ Prior training in Fair Housing regulations preferred
▪ Weekend work is required
▪ Ability to successfully pass background and drug test
▪ Must be willing to adhere to company dress code.
▪ Must be enthusiastic with strong sales and customer service abilities.
▪ Must possess strong closing techniques.
▪ Excellent customer service and follow-up; Strong attention to follow up techniques is required
▪ Demonstrated phone sales and leasing skills required.
▪ Must possess strong listening and probing skills.
▪ Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
▪ Must be extremely responsive, courteous, reliable, energetic, and upbeat.
▪ Must be capable of embracing growth and change.
Role: Leasing Specialist
Location: North Bergen,
Apply for this job now.