Company: RAYTHEON UK
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Crompton Technology Group Limited, Chalker Way, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 4XDComposite Manufacturing technician - Banbury
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That's why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
As a Manufacturing Engineering technician you will have experience manufacturing composite products of varying complexity. The role itself will offer an exciting and varied work load with time being split between robot assisted filament winding, braiding, sample analysis and mechanical testing; to name a few. This is an brilliant opportunity to join a company that is reaching a pivotal point within the Engineering department.In this role you will:
You will bring to the role:
- Manufacturing composite components through Filament winding, using either a wet resin system or Prepreg
- Manufacturing complex composite structures utilising Braiding & RTM technology
- Carry out thorough analysis of composite materials & components, to
- Volume Fraction
- Void Content
- Glass Transition Temperature
- Assist in the assembly of test parts, through the use of mechanical and adhesive fastening
- Ensure that all findings from DOE's and experiments are well documented and reported to the relevant stakeholders
- Work pro-actively with fellow Engineering team to develop and refine new products and processes
- Ensure a clean and tidy work environment at all times and observe good housekeeping practices.
- To work at all times within the requirements of the COSHH and company safety regulations and identifying and rectifying hazards where possible.
- To work closely where necessary with other functions to assist in project deliverables
- Support continuous improvement through active participation on Lean Events, Workshops and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Produce and develop SOP's for personal use and training of others.
- Train others in the use of equipment and processes.
- Carry out basic maintenance work in order to keep equipment in the best condition.
- Possess the acumen and willingness to develop programming skills on job specific programmes
- Must be able to learn and develop own knowledge relating to composite manufacturing process
- Experience operating Rotating machinery for setup, running and clean down.
- High levels of IT literacy, use of MS word, excel is essential to this role.
- Clear open two-way communication skills.
- Highly motivated, with a keen ability to use own initiative.
- Fit the dynamic and enthusiastic culture of the business
- Good housekeeping and cleanliness in work area
- Previous experience of processing polymer matrix composites
- Problem solving techniques and ability to work on own initiative. (Logical and systematic approach)
- Engineering qualification such as an apprenticeship would be an advantage
- Experience of SAP/ other MRP system beneficial
- Knowledge and experience of Continuous Improvement / Lean activities
- Ability to work to and author standards and specific instructions Beneficial
- Experience using Filament winding programme's; such as CADfil
- Formal Qualification from KUKA robotics - Programming 1 KRC4
As part of the legal requirement to comply with international trade controls, we require all candidates to successfully complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check including criminal record checks. In addition we will check the identity of all employees against various government denied party lists prior to making a formal offer of employment. Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
Role: We make the world a better place to live
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Banbury, England, England
Apply for this job now.