Company: PAGE PERSONNEL FINANCE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £26,000 - £31,000 per annum
The position of Group Finance VAT Assistant Accountant is to assist the Group Finance Accountant with preparation of monthly VAT returns, reconciling VAT control accounts and preparing files for the annual audit.
Our client is a high growth Healthcare/ Pharmaceuticals company acquiring sites across all jurisdictions. They are looking for a VAT Assistant Accountant to join their Bristol office based in Keynsham.
The key responsibilities of the VAT Assistant Accountant include:
- Preparation, filing and payment of VAT returns
- Detailed review of transactional details
- Accounting and reconciling month end trial balances, P&L and BS before review
- Annual reporting and VAT compliance
- Liaison with internal and external stake holders
- Assist with audit queries
- Continuous improvement - making processes and systems better and more efficient
- Working with country Management Accountants to clear reconciling items on the control accounts
- Reconciliation of period end VAT control accounts to filed returns
The successful candidate will have:
- AAT Level 4 /CIMA/ACCA/ACA - studies started
- Experience with VAT preparation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well within the team, and communicate effectively
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong analysis skills. diligent approach
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly
The VAT Assistant Accountant will have access to a competitive salary, enhanced study support package and hybrid working.