Directs and coordinates the planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of assigned engineering projects. Projects typically concern the application, development (or sourcing), testing, and commercialization of electromechanical equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Plans and implements engineering projects including defining the project activities and milestones per customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project.
- Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Assigns and oversees project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Computer-aided drawing (Solid works and AutoCAD)
- Manufacturing methods
- Design for manufacturing
OTHER ESSENTIAL QUALITITES
- Customer focused - Fast, accurate response to customer questions and needs is critical.
- Accuracy and attention to detail - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Multi-tasking - Able to manage and coordinate multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of electric motors (AC or DC) desirable.
Nidec Drive Systems (NDS) is a global manufacturing enterprise that provides custom engineered control, motor and drive systems solutions for world class customers in the electric vehicle, commercial floor care, material handling/aerial lift, water pumping, and renewable energy.
Beyond tremendous application scope in our primary markets, NDS meets motor and motion control demands of many other industries, thanks to a wealth of experience and precision focus on specialized needs. NDS product lines include AC, DC and brushless DC electric motors, electronic controls/systems, pumps, gearing, gearboxes, fans, transaxles, human machine interface products (membrane switch assemblies, graphic panel overlays), and end products.
With facilities - including over a dozen design centers - in North America, Europe, and Asia, NDS companies command market leadership through a broad base of advanced technology that delivers custom engineered solutions.
Role: Project Engineer
Apply for this job now.