Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting on behalf of a local school located in Oldham. The pastoral team are on the hunt for a behavioural support assistant to support pupils who have been struggling with behavioural difficulties and their learning has been majorly disrupted due to COVID-19. Some students in the school find it hard to focus in lessons and often struggle with mental health difficulties. To be successful for this role you will need to be a caring individual who has a passion for making a difference and improving the lives of young people in school. The role will cover all secondary school students aged 11-16.
We are looking for someone who has experience in:
• Youth work
• Working with challenging behavior
• Young people who may struggle with mental health issues
• Disadvantaged pupils
As a behavioural support assistant, you will work alongside the main classroom teacher and providing support outside of the classroom to those struggling to engage in the main classroom environment. You will be challenged to encourage positive behaviour and be an encouraging mentor, helping to boost pupils self-esteem.
This role is due to start in September 2021 and will be initally for the first term with progression onto a permanent contract after successful completetion of the first term.
Highlights of this position:
• Rewarding job supporting students with behavioural difficulties and mental health needs
• Full time position starting September 2021 with the opportunity to make this position permanent after the first term
• Providing in class support and support a one-to-one basis and in small groups
• Wages of up to £350 a week
If you think you have what it takes to change the lives of disadvantaged young people please forward your CV and a Teaching Personnel consultant will be in touch to discuss the role further.