Company: RGB RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £48,000 - £55,000 per annum
Senior/Principal Civil Engineer – Highways and Drainage – Exeter We are looking for a Lead Civil Engineer to join the Exeter office but with opportunities to work at our own and our Client locations elsewhere in the UK and overseas.Our people are focused on our routes to market and driven to deliver for our clients, improve efficiencies, develop and exploit cutting-edge technology, deliver safe and sustainable solutions, and develop our leaders of tomorrow.Our expertise covers the full infrastructure life cycle, from feasibility, planning, investigation, design, and supervision of new assets through to assessment, repair, modification, and rehabilitation of existing assets.The ideal candidate would be a well-rounded civil engineer, technically competent, with exemplary communication skills. This role would support projects in multiple sectors including transportation, energy, and defence.
- The candidate must be willing to participate in the Practice and foster collaboration with colleagues. They would also demonstrate a commitment to and participation in the industry.
- The role will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience, and problem-solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
As a Senior level Civil Engineer you would have the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team to undertake technical design work following relevant design standards and codes, and to high-quality levels.
- Prepare briefs, scopes of work, and input into bid proposals.
- Successfully manage time and budgets to key project milestones and programmes.
- Work closely with teams in the UK and overseas to deliver integrated design solutions.
- Adhere to quality assurance standards in design.
- Chartered Civil Engineer.
- Experience in design delivery, including multidisciplinary design.
- Experience leading a design team.
- Engineer with sound problem-solving skills, and a pragmatic, practical mind.
- Able to work independently to deliver work, as well as part of a team.
- Take accountability and responsibility for work carried out by the individual or the team.
- Work well with and form relationships with others, including the client team, other disciplines, and contractors at all levels (junior – senior) inside and outside the business.
- Be self-motivated to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Have experience coordinating with other disciplines in multi-discipline projects.
- Have experience mentoring junior staff.
- Produce designs following CDM regulations.
- Strong communication skills, independent working, presenting, and influencing skills.
- Sound knowledge in external works design, including utilities, paved and unpaved surfaces, earthworks, access and accessibility, construction logistics, and familiarity with current UK design standards and working practices.
- Proficiency in designing within appropriate digital analysis packages, following local and national guidance. e.g. MicroDrainage, InfoWater, or InfoWorks for drainage.