We are seeking a Medication Aide to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
- Administers oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse.
- Administers medications within 60 minutes of scheduled time.
- Secures medication cart
- Records the administration of medication on the Resident's medication sheet at the time the medication is given.
- Reports a drug administration error or drug reaction to the appropriate RN/LPN
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
- Removes discontinued, outdated or deteriorated drugs from inventory.
- Previous experience in healthcare administration or other related fields
- Passed the Virginia State Board test to administer medications
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Five Star Senior Living, a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating divisions: Five Star Senior Living and Five Star Rehabilitation Services. The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 260 senior living communities across the United States and is one of the country's largest providers of quality retirement living in the nation offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Five Star Rehabilitation Services include outpatient rehabilitation, day programs, and respite/short stay options.
Role: Medication Aide
Location: Virginia Beach,
Apply for this job now.