Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside North Somerset Council to provide them with a COVID-19 Manager on a 3-6 month initial contract which is likely to be extended into a longer-term contract.
This role is 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday and offers a pay rate of £23-£30 per hour. This may be negotiable dependent on your experience.
As a successful COVID-19 Manager, your duties will be:
- Coordinate the delivery of the Local Outbreak Management Plan and ensure that appropriate arrangements for North Somerset are in place, through producing policy and review documents and commenting on those from other agencies.
- Work closely with the Local Resilience Forum and other agencies to understand the multiagency response required in the management of serious incidents including the pandemic response.
- Produce and present written reports, communicating conclusions and implications of results drawn from health protection analyses to influence the recommended course of action for a wide range of audiences, including key stakeholders such as elected members, senior managers, multi-agency boards and the general public.
- Develop and adopt appropriate presentation styles to ensure complex and/or straightforward public health information and products relating to the health protection agenda, can be used effectively by non-scientists, using a range of digital and/or paper-based formats.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- An approved professional qualification (e.g. minimum of a Masters' degree in Public health) relevant to the area of work and experience of working with health and care services on a range of issues, specifically outbreak management and strategy development.
- Understanding of the multiagency response required in the management of health protection risks and serious incidents.
- Experience in service development and embedding improvements into work methodologies.
- Experience of supervising/managing other members of staff and projects that span multiple departments and organisations
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. firstname.lastname@example.org / 01772 954 200