The mission of the Illinois Department of Corrections is to serve justice in Illinois and increase public safety by promoting positive change in offender behavior, operating successful reentry programs, and reducing victimization.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision plans
- Supplemental retirement plan
- Performs a variety of nursing care functions such as administering medications, monitoring vital signs, and examining students or inmates
- Prepares and maintains medical records such as recording physician's orders and patient reactions and behavior
- Provides non-supervisory patient care related guidance, instructions and explanation to non-professional nursing personnel in patient care and treatment
- Makes regular rounds of patients in relation to nursing duties and physician rounds
- Maintains security of medical equipment and supplies that may be used as weapons
- Associate or bachelor's degree in nursing
- Requires completion of the Corrections Nurse Trainee program
- Requires current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification
- Must have current State of Illinois Nursing License
- One year nursing experience
We are seeking LPNs, Registered Nurses, and Nurse Trainees.
Meet with hiring managers from Illinois Department of Corrections and other leading industries at:
The Multi-Profession Diversity Job Fair of Chicago
Monday, October 29, 2018
10:00AM - 1:00PM
University of Phoenix Ballroom
Main Entrance, 1st Floor
203 N. LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Pre-Register online at: #-multi-profession-diversity-job-fair-of-chicago-2/
Plan to attend and meet face-to-face with several of the Chicagoland area’s finest employers.
All of the companies at our job fairs have open positions they are seeking to fill.
Positions in the following areas are typically available:
Sales, Customer Service, Call Center, Management, General Business, Marketing, Retail, Administrative, Insurance, Banking, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Education, Law Enforcement, Government, Military, Hospitality, Human Resources, Technicians, Telemarketing, Healthcare, IT, and more.
Tips for Success:
- Pre-register—Receive notifications of any updates or changes to the event, and receive information about upcoming events in your area.
- Dress professionally—First impressions go a long way.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume.
- Arrive any time between 10AM and 1PM—Plan to spend 45 minutes to 1 hour at the event.
- Bring a friend—All job seekers are welcome.
- Prepare a brief but effective “brag” to let the people you meet with get to know you.
- Keep an open mind—Meet with as many of the companies as you can; you may be pleasantly surprised at what you find.
Remember, the best way to be considered for a position is to meet the hiring managers in person. Plan to attend this event
Pre-Register online at: #
Apply for this job now.