Head of Finance | Edinburgh | up to £80,000 basic, bonus, car/car allowance and full benefits package | Business Services
This is an excellent opportunity within a growing £25m turnover, private equity backed, SME business. We are looking to offer a talented, hands on and driven finance professional the opportunity to support, and be part of, the senior management leadership team and take charge of all aspects of the financial management of the company.
As Head of Finance you will work closely with the Managing Director, and other Board members, to ensure the continued growth of the Company. You will hold a professional accounting qualification, be technically astute and be comfortable working within a fast paced, highly entrepreneurial environment, dealing with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally.
A strong personality, excellent communication skills, proven leadership qualities and the ability to build solid relationships outside of finance are key for this role. We also need someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously and isn’t in possession of a large ego!
To be applicable for this role, we need you to be able to say yes to the following:
- A fully qualified finance professional is required, (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Experience within a lead finance role.
- Proven and effective people management skills
- Commercially astute. Using your experience and knowledge to add value to the business.
- Ability to build and document a strong financial control environment.
- Strong technical accountancy skills - both management, statutory accounts and consolidation.
- Outstanding at analysis of data and drawing strong commercial conclusions.
- Experience of excel modelling of budgets, forecasting and business opportunities.
- Excellent communicator of financial information to senior management and non-finance colleagues.
- Able to build strong relationships with key business colleagues.
- Keen attention to detail but also with the ability to communicate the wider strategic picture to key stakeholders.
- Ability to start in Q1 2021(if not before).
This role has arisen for positive reasons and there will be a handover period with the current incumbent. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this exciting role then please get in contact ASAP.
In summary, we are looking for an ambitious, dynamic, entrepreneurial accountant who also possesses the ability to get hands on with an SME business.
To be considered for this Head of Finance role, please click 'apply' below.