Our client specialises in developing software in the life sciences sector. The software is deployed in the cloud with a powerful database at the back-end used on both Windows and Linux infrastructures. Their software is instrumental in improving health and life quality on a global scale
They are looking for a technically skilled individual to work in their test team. You will already have knowledge of biology, genomics, bioinformatics, etc.. An interest in software/technology is essential for this role. Knowledge/awareness of software coding/testing is also an essential requirement.
The role will involve/need: -
- A background or a good degree in life sciences, bioinformatics - genes, proteins, diseases, biology, etc.
- Testing: exploratory testing; checklists; test scripts; tools, automation - and an open mind on any other potentially suitable ways to test
- Either a scientific / researcher, academic background
- Experience with scientific methods
- Responsible approach, considered, a balance of resoluteness / flexibility, betterment in general
- Use of corpora such as PubMed, MEDLINE, ClinicalTrials.gov (desirable)
- Use of ontologies such as Entrez, NCI (desirable)
- An appreciation/awareness of data analysis/science (desirable)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced person who wishes to put their skills, knowledge and commercial background into a highly reputed company - joining a highly experienced team.
To discuss this role, please contact Michael Hewitt-Hulin on 0203 930 8611 or apply using the link.