Our client, Flexspace, is a full-service design and automation company established in 2014, they are a rapidly growing, innovative storage solution provider whose vision is to revolutionize industrial storage space across America. Flexspace excels at providing their clients with solutions that minimize energy demands, capital exposure, and impact to our Earth's resources. Their well-edited product portfolio provides flexible, scalable, modular space solutions that optimizes their client's resources and investment. Flexspace is continually striving to create an environment that fosters teamwork, mutual respect and high morale.
Due to Flexspace's rapid growth, we are seeking to hire an experienced full-time Assistant Project Superintendent, to join their exciting and innovative company. The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the implementation of highly technical installation projects for new construction sites across North America. In this exciting position, you will report to the Director of Operations and multiple Project Managers, and will also be responsible for leading a team consisting of approximately 7-14 crewmembers. This position requires extensive travel as per projects needs throughout the U.S. and Canada. Travel typically consists of 1.5-2 week, M-Sat work shifts, then a 2-4 day break. Experience in commercial construction, surveying, and leading teams of at least 7 in a construction environment is required, and providing complete customer satisfaction in a professional manner is mandatory. Experience in industrial racking, control systems, low voltage electrical and industrial automation systems is highly preferred. High voltage electrical experience is a plus, but not required.
The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver with a servant leader mentality and exceptional communication skills. Spanish speaking is a plus! Strong customer service skills and experience working with customers and General Contractors is required for this position.
Skills and Personal Characteristics of the Assistant Project Superintendent:
- Strong leadership experience and skills
- Mechanical, electrical, and surveying experience in a similar environment or equivalent in college or vocational education.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, management and co-workers.
- Knowledge of how to read and interpret schematics.
- Experience effectively leading a team of at least 7 or more.
- Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry innovations and product availability in order to make recommendations based on customer need.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Experience with industrial racking and automation systems is a highly preferred
- Ability to perform heavy physical work, exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 20 pounds constantly, performing such activities as climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping.
- Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, pressers, forklifts, scissor lifts, hoists, overhead cranes and personal hand tools.
- Knowledge and application of OSHA safety requirements
- Ability to draw upon available support resources from within the company and recognize when it is appropriate to do such.
- Such other knowledge, skills and abilities are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties.
Main Tasks of the Assistant Superintendent:
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues that may arise
- Exhibit a professional demeanor; promote goodwill between the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer service.
- Effectively communicate between all parties involved in each project
- Follow safety rules and ensure that hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel regularly, as needed.
Charleston, SC-based preferred, but not mandatory. Near a major airport is required
Medical Insurance -Premium covered by employer (up to fifteen hundred dollars a month)
Short-term and Long-term disability covered by employer
Voluntary Benefits available - Dental, Vision, Voluntary Term Life
401K- matching up to 4%
Company cell phone reimbursement
All travel expenses covered
Earn/keep your travel points/rewards
All tools and essential clothing paid for by company
Compensation - $65,000 - $80,000 + Bonus