· Responsible for consistent efforts to develop new business within a specified US territory.
· Targets will include inbound leads from marketing campaigns, current customers for relationship expansion, and self-generated prospects (80%)
· The Inside Sales Representative will have the opportunity to manage accounts they bring in, providing continued customer service and development.
· Seek opportunities to upsell and cross sell, expanding the business opportunities within each account
· Respond to all general line customer inquiries via phone, fax or email by determining material availability, conformance to customer requirements, quoting prices, and providing a reasonable delivery commitment designed to obtain the customer's order or expanded order.
· Enter orders into the system and modify or delete as required.
· Manage sales project pipeline via Marian CRM system
· Read and interpret customer component blueprints
· Create RFQ’s in Marian CRM system and work with cost estimators to finalize quotes
· Work with engineering to provide design for manufacture (DFM) presentation to customer for design / process confirmation
· Coordinate with customer service, purchasing, operations, quality, and sales management to expedite or troubleshoot customer orders.
· Understand and provide feedback to customers regarding operational capabilities and enhancements.
· Handle customer calls relating to complaints on orders by investigating the basis of complaint, referring problems to appropriate personnel, recommending action to rectify problems, and following up to ensure resolution.
· Act as a technical and market resource by counseling and advising customers.
· Arrange for outside purchasing of materials and services to fill customer orders or items not in stick, or not normally stocked and/or used.
· Utilize creative and innovative sales techniques to increase sales volume.
· Cultivate a strong product and market knowledge, as well as knowledge of the customer's business and end use of material.
· Conform to company ISO and corporate procedures.
· Quarterly business trips to customers within assigned territory. More depending on work load and customer needs.
· Reports to Sales Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of sales or customer service experience
- Strong sales abilities which support selling to the executives, including C-level, of small to medium sized businesses balanced with tactical skills for a fast paced, high volume, lead follow up environment.
- Ability to build strong rapport, establishing trust and credibility through a consultative solution based approach, balancing assertive sales follow-up without being overly aggressive.
- A self-starter who can effectively work with in a strong team culture
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits
- Time-management skills
- Attend periodic sales and material training
- Social selling skills using LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Qualify potential customers via cold calls and cold emails
- Ability to effectively forecast business
- Microsoft Office experience required
- 2D Blue print reading experience
- Competitive Salary + Commission
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Expense Account
- 15 PTO Days per year
- LinkedIn Premium Account + Sales Navigator Package
- Cell Phone
Marian is an ISO 9001:2015 certified global leader in manufacturing precision die-cut component parts made of innovative flexible materials for customers in the electronics, automotive, and medical industries. Utilizing state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies at 10 locations around the world, Marian engineers partner closely with customers to solve complex manufacturing and assembly problems.
To learn more, visit us at #removed#
Marian Chicago is a growing, family owned company with 70 employees at our site in West Chicago, IL. We are a manufacturer of custom die-cut component parts selling into a variety of industries including automotive, medical and electronic consumer goods. We offer benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL, a 401K plan with ADP and a company match. Marian Chicago is part of the Marian, Inc family of companies with 10 sites across the US, Europe and Asia and approx 3,000 employees. #removed#
Role: Inside Sales Engineer
Location: West Chicago,
Apply for this job now.