J2 Scientific, a scientific lab equipment manufacturer with global sales, is looking for proactive and motivated individuals at various skill levels to conduct laboratory testing and service of our precision equipment.
Precision Laboratory System Testing Technician/Precision System Service Technician
Testing Technician inspects and tests electrical, mechanical and fluidic functions of precision laboratory equipment as a production process. Service Technician inspects, tests, troubleshoots and repairs electrical, mechanical and fluidic functions of precision laboratory equipment as a production process. These positions are responsible for verifying the equipment meets operation and quality specifications.
• Sets up test equipment and tests scientific modules per specification
• Performs troubleshooting and failure analysis of malfunctions
• Provides detailed written failure description with root cause analysis
• Assists in testing software
• Assists production, engineering and customer care departments as needed
• Follows written and verbal instructions, adheres to all company guidelines, policies and procedures
• Maintains lab inventory in cooperation with chemists
• Other laboratory responsibilities as assigned
• Previous laboratory experience required
• Travel required
• Operating automated laboratory equipment
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting faults in production built laboratory equipment
• Performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations;
• Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following defined methodologies to carry out analyses;
• Preparing specimens and samples;
• Measuring, mixing and utilizing chemicals and solvents per standard laboratory procedures
• Assembling, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment or test fixtures;
• Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
• Recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to supervisors;
• Using computers and performing mathematical calculations for the preparation and presentation of data;
• Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
• Demonstrating practical procedures;
• Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
• Following and ensuring strict anti-static procedures.
• Data entry in various documents and programs
• Ability to perform lifting and moving of parts and assemblies
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers and supervisors
• Perform basic administrative duties - filing and processing of paperwork
• Assist other areas as required for special projects
• Good oral and written communication skills, including legible documentation
• Ability to both collaborate and take individual initiative to achieve goals
Precision Service Technician:
• Skills and tasks as outlined for Testing Technician
• Electronics experience or background
• Experience in writing technical reports
• Good mechanical skills
• Skilled in using hand tools, meters and gauges for calibration
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology: this includes applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the testing and service of various pieces of laboratory equipment
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
• Experience with electronic test equipment, oscilloscopes, current voltage meters, etc.
• Able to interpret engineering drawing and schematics
• Travel required for onsite service and installations; approximately 20%
Your science/technology/laboratory background would be valued in these positions!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and require no sponsorship now or in future.
• Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
• Benefits package available after 90-day probation
• Columbia, MO facility
J2 Scientific manufactures and sells environmental lab equipment worldwide. Our teams possess a great sense of pride and ownership. Our values encourage focusing on customers, quality, curiosity, passion, teamwork and integrity.
J2 Scientific is a great place to work, where your creativity is encouraged and welcomed, dress is casual, and the hours are stable. Our benefits include health, dental and life insurance, 12 paid personal days per year that increase with seniority and 8 paid holidays. Terrific people, challenging work and a convenient location in Columbia make J2 Scientific the best place to put your talents to work!
Role: Precision Lab System Testing Tech/Precision System Service Tech
Apply for this job now.