PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in supervising the medication program, activity in medication room and assisting the residents with self-administration of their medication.
• Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living and support Independent residents with Activities of Daily Living as needed.
• Maintain positive relations with residents, families and physicians.
• Report any significant incidents and/or changes in the residents needs to the Executive Director/Wellness Director.
• Assist in the completion of resident assessments and service plans.
• Assist in the training of assisted living staff and participates in orientation of new staff.
• Attend and participate in scheduled in-service programs, training programs and staff meetings.
• Assist with scheduling and staffing of Resident Care Partners and Resident Medication Assistants as needed.
• Obtains and administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician.
• Documents and reviews medication and treatment sheets for accuracy and compliance with physician orders, professional standards, federal and state regulations and company policy.
• Monitors responses to treatment plans.
• Updates the resident’s “medication record’” monthly and monitors the medication/treatment records for accuracy and completeness.
• Possesses knowledge of medication interactions and notifies Wellness Director of any occurrences.
• Counts controlled substances with off going nurse or resident assistant; secures and corrects reconciliation of controlled substances during shift.
• Monitor controlled substance narcotic count sheet for accuracy. Report any discrepancies to the Wellness Director.
• Assures cleanliness and organization of medicine supply room and security of discontinued medicine in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy.
• Assists with discharge process relevant to medication/treatment orders.
• Possesses knowledge of OSHA regulations and infection control standards.
• Follows policies and procedures to ensure resident safety.
• Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
• Complies with all federal, state and other applicable healthcare and safety standards.
• May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Flexible with schedule and available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Must be flexible, innovative, persistent and committed to successful completion of assignments.
• Must pay attention to detail, be flexible/adaptable, and be sensitive to the needs of residents.
• Must be able to work independently within a team environment.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Maintains neat appearance, good hygiene and appropriate attire.
• Able to resolve problems of dissatisfied customers and/or co-workers.
• Able to clearly present information through the spoken word. Can accurately communicate, providing the necessary level of detail even under stressful or demanding conditions. Ensures a positive attitude and team orientation is exhibited in verbal and non-verbal communication.
• Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents’ families, visitors and Team Members.
• Maintains safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
• Participates in training, in services, and attends meetings as required.
• Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, team member, residence, company information and records.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Licensed Practical Nurse with a current license in good standing.
• Experience or knowledge working with the elderly and those living with dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease.
• Certification or licensed per state guidelines.
• Basic First Aid and CPR certification if required by State.
• Must enjoy working with seniors.
• Must possess high-energy/enthusiasm, be a self-starter, and is willing to do whatever it takes to provide residents with quality care.
At the discretion of the Executive Director or Wellness Director, may be assigned supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate in English and understand and follow written and oral instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Effective written and oral communication skills are essential.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid nurse (LPN/LVN) licensure issued by appropriate state licensing agency. Possess and maintain a safe, valid driver’s license and access to a private vehicle for business use. Basic CPR/First aid training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel and crouch. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The Concordis Way
We honor the human spirit in every individual and are passionate about giving the highest quality of life to those who have given to us for generations.
Our “whatever it takes” philosophy is more than just a phrase. It’s our mantra for service. Every decision in our communities—from anytime dining hours…to evening and weekend activities…to an extended management schedule—adds to the level of excellence you expect for a harmonious transition to this next phase in life.
What’s more, our integrated technology solution simplifies the maze of care management. Residents and family members appreciate the worry-free communications that complement our unified approach.
Perhaps the most pleasing feature of all is the seamless transfer of local landmarks and geographical namesakes to every Concordis community. Residents here enjoy the familiar names, comforting surroundings and simpler, more customized experiences.
“Concordis. Life in Harmony”
Concordis Core Values
Integrity Doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Passion Having determination, conviction and love for what you do, even when it gets difficult.
Empowerment To foster initiative and independent thinking to act on issues that are important to our residents, families, Team Members and company.
Teamwork An individual commitment and a conscious effort to provide communication and support to Team Members in an effort to solve issues and work together for a common goal.
Assisted Living and Memory Care Facility
Role: Licensed Practical Nurse
Apply for this job now.