We are looking for dedicated and hard-working Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to work in the medical department at the Eastern Regional Jail located in Martinsburg, WV. We currently have full time openings and are offering a $5,000 sign on bonus! In this role you will provide comprehensive nursing care and perform duties under supervision of an RN.
The Licensed Practical Nurse will primarily be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care while ensuring the proper flow of relevant information is disseminated to appropriate personnel. In addition, the Licensed Practical Nurse will also maintain, update and work with electronic medical records and ensure that they are secure.Other responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a professional nursing attitude at all times
- Using factual data and sound independent judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of a staff nurse
- Maintaining security of all medical records
- Advising Health Services Administrator and charge nurse if these situations arise.
- Monitoring and recommend methods to improve operational efficiency and cost containment effectiveness
- Ensuring strict compliance to all applicable pharmacy regulations
- Monitoring physical safety requirements for inmate/patients and staff to ensure a safe working environment
- Notifying Health Services Administrator of safety hazards
- Assisting Registered Nurse in coordinating in-service programs, which are aligned with the medical program
- Assisting head nurse to coordinate monthly health care staff meetings, as assigned
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Conducting sick call for inmate / patients and provide treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries, defined by written protocol and approved by PCM Medical Director
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of inmates / patients and participating in the formulation of the plan of nursing care
- Record, retrieve and file medical information in the inmate/patient medical record
- Accompanies and assists PCM physicians during facility rounds
This position provides a 2 week orientation period where you will be training on-the-job and shadowing with the nursing staff.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is a fast paced position and as such we must have someone who has the ability to multi-task and has a good grasp of patient assessment skills. In addition, the Licensed Practical Nurse must be licensed to practice nursing in the state in which the facility is located.Other requirements for the Licensed Practical Nurse include:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to function under supervision
- Demonstrate clinical competency
- Experience in correctional health care delivery system, a plus
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and benefits package to their employees. Standard benefits for full-time employees include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability options, Generous PTO, 401k with match, and a flexible spending account.
Correctional nursing provides a challenging and exciting world of opportunities for nurses today. In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis.Correctional healthcare is similar to working in an emergency room or a clinic. Each day is both challenging and rewarding in Correctional Healthcare. Nurses are involved in healthcare emergencies, physical health assessments, initial screenings, medication distribution, nurse sick call, and chronic care clinics. Nurses will also provide assistance to physicians, psychiatrists and dentists. PrimeCare Medical is dedicated to its employees. PrimeCare Medical will provide the knowledge and training to administer premier healthcare in the correctional environment.
Now is the time to join the exciting and challenging world of correctional healthcare!
PrimeCare Medical, provides comprehensive healthcare services to county jails, prisons and juvenile detention centers throughout the Northeastern United States. PrimeCare Medical specializes in correctional healthcare management through the significant contributions and strong moral values of our employees.
Role: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Apply for this job now.