- Full-time position with September start
- ASC Teaching Assistant role - providing support in specialist ASC unit
- Temporary position with the potential to lead on to a school based contract
- £1330 - £1630 per month
Teaching Personnel are working with a large mixed secondary school who are looking for specialist teaching assistants to support in their ASC resourced provision. The school has a specialist secondary resourced provision to support students who are on the Autism Spectrum. Places are allocated by Stockport Council to students with Education Health Care plans (EHCPs) and have a diagnosis of Autism or a Specific Language Impairment. The school are now looking for a Teaching Assistant with ASC experience to join the unit in September. The successful Teaching Assistant will support the department until Christmas in the first instance with the potential to continue for the successful applicant.
The successful Teaching Assistant will be responsible for providing 1:1 classroom support and supervising pupils inside and outside of the classroom to ensure that each student has the necessary support to progress. The successful Teaching Assistant will offer support in a calm, confident approach and will be a positive role model for the students throughout the school. Applicants for this role must:
- Have experience working with students with ASC
- Be confident and able to provide excellent support within a team environment
- Be able to build good relationships with students with ASC and SEN
Applicants with experience in therapies including art therapy, speech and language therapy or occupational therapy are encouraged to apply although experience in this is not essential.
To apply for this position please upload your CV for consideration.