An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Registered Manager to join a Children's Home based in Burnley The service will accommodate up to 3/4 young people aged 8-18 with EBD. The aim of the home is to provide a safe haven in which children and young people can learn appropriate life skills and behaviour, which will benefit them throughout their future.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 37.5 hours with weekend on call shared between the managers in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring key stages in the stay of the child or young person such as admissions, discharge transfers are properly managed and recorded
- To assist in the management and operation of budget and petty cash within guidelines. To assist in the homes budgeting estimates.
- Provide leadership and guidance to assist in the development of staff. To have responsibility in the deployment and management of staff on a day-to-day basis. To be involved in the monitoring, appraisal and disciplining of staff as necessary
- Protect children and young people from threats to health, welfare and normal development inside and outside of the home environment.
- Ensure home environment is appropriate and sensitive to needs of children and young people looked after
- Ensure staff dealing with complex cases are given support and advice.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with social workers, teaching staff and other professionals from associated agencies engaged in childcare
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care with Children and Young people's workforce, a QCF Level 5 in leadership and Management is highly desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working within a children's residential setting
- Sound knowledge of governing legislation, procedures and best practice in caring for looked after children
- Driving Licence
In return, our client offers a very competitive pay, ongoing personal and professional development, quarterly reward and recognition scheme as well as real career progression opportunities.