Category Manager (Clinical, Pharmacy and Medical)
Hours: Monday - Friday - 37.5 hours
Salary: £38-45,000 PA
An opening has arisen for a Category Manager, specialising in medical products and services, to interface with stakeholders and deliver service as agreed to within the portfolio. To develop and implement methodologies to facilitate and monitor contracts. To effectively manage the internal operations and resources to enable the delivery of the saving targets and work-plans. To build professional relationships, implement change and support.
- Assist with identifying divisional medical and pharmacy procurement projects for the Trust to build the annual Procurement work plan, by developing close working relationships with the relevant internal Heads of Service, Divisional Directors and Senior Management Teams.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the 5 year Procurement and Logistics strategy to drive continuous improvements within the department, to deliver year on year savings whilst providing a customer focused service delivering long-term efficiencies
- Conduct face-to-face contract negotiations, utilising well-prepared analysis of all relevant factors, adopting appropriate strategic negotiation methodology to overcome barriers to acceptance and achieve the desired / best possible outcome.
- Assist in identifying key risk areas and ensure that these are managed, reported and controlled
- Ensure full compliance with all National and E.U legislation relating to procurement, Procurement policies, Trust Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions and departmental policies and procedures
- Advise and provide guidance at a senior management level to ensure compliance on all aspects of procurement
- Identify, analyse and seek to maximise full benefit of any potential cost improvements as a result of any Trust procurement activity, national or regional contracting arrangements through membership of various collaborative procurement initiatives and ensure that any specific requirements of the Trust are taken into account
- Manage the introduction of alternative products and sources of supply to achieve high levels of rationalisation and/or standardisation and be a key influencer and participate in user consultation groups
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of all relevant commodities and supply markets through conducting market research
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience / CIPS Level 4 Graduate Diploma or working towards
- Strong Medical/Clinical procurement experience
- Experience of Procurement and Contract Management
- Experience in Public Sector or NHS procurement
- Experience of negotiating complex contracts
- Knowledge of OJEU procurement process
- Excellent negotiation and financial skills to manage complex high value contracts.
- Ability to analyse complex information and /or present in a clear format.
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Daniel Sharp on 0121 616 0660 or email