Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
We are seeking a systems engineer to work in Charles Town, WV. This position will be responsible for engineering and maintaining a mixed Windows/Linux environment.
- Provide application engineering and integration support, Tier 2/3 technical infrastructure engineering support for Windows 2008/2012 server systems, and general server administration support.
- Provide on-site services and remote support for enterprise systems, including configuration management, system maintenance, device and system repair, detail process documentation, and systems administration for all IT assets including software and hardware assets such as servers, network devices, and peripheral equipment located at agency headquarters, satellite offices, and DR site.
- The Contractor shall support all associated tasks as assigned including system monitoring and performance tuning of systems as well as providing support to the Helpdesk on complex issues.
- Perform daily monitoring to optimize IT resources and report system capacity to avoid saturation and service degradation.
- Secure Windows systems using both domain and local policies, and using 3rd party tools to create and execute server compliance reports.
- Support all identity management services, including: Active Directory forests, domain trusts, domain schemas, group policies, PIV Card Integration and associated identity management technologies.
- Provide support for VPN remote access.
- Research and provide solutions for all Windows Server/Workstation problems, to include mitigating vulnerabilities found by security and virus scans.
- Provide database system administration for all database server platforms and associated SQL services utilizing all versions of Microsoft SQL.
- Support all virtualized services and servers utilizing technologies such as VMWare ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV.
- Provide support for all storage and backup services across Windows servers, Distributed File Systems, and others such as Common Internet File System (CIFS), Network File System (NFS), and Virtual Machine File System (VMFS).
- Support all enterprise data storage devices such as Directed Attached Storage (DAS), Storage Area Networks (SAN), and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Support all physical datacenter infrastructure of servers, blades, chassis, uninterruptable power supply devices (UPS), keyboard, video and mouse switches (KVM), and power distribution units (PDU).
- Support endpoint protection technologies for all assets, and the backend associated software. This software includes but is not limited to Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection and GFI EndPointSecurity.
- Support encryption for data-at-rest and data-in-motion for all assets, as well as support for the backend associated software.
- Support key management technologies for PKI for agency certificate authorities and internal device-centric certificate authorities.
- Support daily activities and required services on all server operating systems to include all versions of Microsoft Server.
- Support the use of Microsoft System Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Window Server Update Services (WSUS) as well as patch installation/remediation to all required operating systems and applications supported by ITD.
- Configure and maintain SCCM sites and services
- Maintain CIS Compliance for workstations and servers
- Create and modify scripts as required for administration and operational improvement support of Enterprise Services areas using batch files, Visual Basic Scripting (VBS), and PowerShell.
- Interface with the customer, provide daily/weekly/monthly status reports.
- Monitor and tune appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
- Oversees appropriate level Windows patch installations and upgrades utilizing WSUS.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Supports data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations.
- Coordinates and assist in the implementation of new technologies in HQ and country offices.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required, and (6) years of general IT experience.
- Experienced with Active Directory and windows/Linux engineering and administration
- Experience with VMWare
- Understands SAN configuration, hardware, and current software products.
Powered by JazzHR