Company: HBW CONSTRUCTION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
A HBW Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting one to four Project Managers. The
Project Coordinator works with the Project Manager to complete construction projects on
schedule and within budget. Project Coordinators are responsible for handling multiple
construction projects concurrently at any one time.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The HBW Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting in project planning by:
- Collaborating with the Project Managers to ensure all needs of each project are welldefined.
- Setting up and maintaining electronic and physical project files and project binders.
- Ensuring all computer templates are accurate and complete.
- Preparing contracts including Subcontract Agreements, AIA Owner Contracts, and Vendor
- Obtaining necessary job permits, bonds and insurance certificates.
- Coordinating with the Superintendent to determine what standard items will be needed on
the job site (i.e. job site posters, dumpsters, laborers, etc.).
Project Execution Assistance
The HBW Project Coordinator assists Project Managers in project execution by:
- Acting as a liaison between the Project Manager, clients, architects, engineers and
- Coordinating construction project documentation such as submittals, requests for
information, contracts, and certificates of insurance.
- Drafting proposed change orders, owner change orders, requests for information, purchase
order agreements and updating corresponding logs.
- Following up with subcontractors on submittals; maintaining submittals and logs.
- Preparing Project Managers for progress meetings including assembling meeting packets;
preparing and distributing meeting agendas and minutes.
- Logging daily field reports.
- Ensuring Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation compliance
by maintaining all LEED documents for submittal to LEED online.
The HBW Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the post-project wrap-up by:
- Preparing the Operation and Maintenance Manual.
- Preparing and coordinating any other documents necessary for job close-out.
- Closing out bonds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently and work under pressure to meet
- Independent self-starter and good listener who can discern required steps to achieve goals
without specific task direction.
- Thrives in a friendly, fast-paced, team-oriented environment where accountability, work
ethic and a "can do" attitude is a necessity.
- Three to five years' administrative experience required, preferably in a construction
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Dropbox and data entry keyboarding skills with a high
degree of accuracy.
- LEED project experience preferred.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
HBW Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran.Job Posted by ApplicantPro