Director of Engineering, plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities and projects within an organization. The (DoE) will be responsible for directing the engineering functions related to the operating performance, reliability, cost and quality for our manufactured weapon related products. Develops and monitors engineering budget to achieve goals regarding new weapons product. Builds, develops and manages engineering team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives. Prioritizes the efforts of the engineering staff and removes obstacles. The DoE also ensures that products are designed or re-designed, or new product lines introduced, in order to meet quality and sales objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with 12+ years’ experience in progressively more responsible engineering management roles is required.
· Master’s degree strongly preferred.
· Technical skills in manufacturing techniques.
· CNC experience a must.
· Knowledge of weapons or weapons related products preferred.
· Skilled at experimental design, statistical analysis of data and interpretation of results.
· Effective management of the engineering team.
· Candidates must have a proven track record of successfully applying technologies to develop creative solutions.
· Strong communication skills/dynamic leadership skills are preferred.
· Management experience leading product development teams.
· A strong track record of successfully completing engineering projects on time and within budget.
· Strong computer skills a must.
· Proficiency with Solid works, solid modeling to create prints and in-house prototype SLA parts.
· Use of Mil standards for testing, prints and ISO standards.
· Experience working with vendors for forged, Milled, extruded and molded parts, also outsourced finished parts for weapon platform design, prototype, development and full manufacturing.
· Experience in full lifecycle management and Six Sigma.
· Experience with Department of Defense contracts.
· Expertise with Department of Defense RFI/RFQ and technical writing.
· Staff, train and provide complete leadership to the Engineering department.
· Coach, resolve conflicts and to solve performance related issues.
· Proven and successful record leading an engineering development team.
· Provide input and lead improvement of company procedures.
· Recommends changes, reviews progress, and approves cost estimates or proposals on all weapon related changes.
· Determines engineering/technical organizational structure, required skill sets, and composition of the engineering organization.
· Responsible for enhancing cooperation and innovation within and outside the department.
· Strategically plans for and implements appropriate manufacturing processes required to support the company sales plan, including new products.
· Reviews/approves product designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, cost objectives, and related regulations.
· Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, and scheduling. Manages the resolution of problems through efficient use of engineering designs, development, test, and supplier/customer communications.
· Oversees the evaluation and approval of design changes, specifications, and drawing releases. Maintains the required design documentation, records and reports.
· Oversees the preparation, approval, and maintenance of engineering supporting documentation, specifications and manuals.
· Applies troubleshooting and other techniques to resolve problems, and responds with needed information in a timely, professional manner.
· Oversees schedule, budget development and performance for engineering projects.
· Working conditions are normal for an office or manufacturing environment. May require lifting of up to 25 pounds.
· Security clearance a plus (not required)
· Some travel to vendors or customers may be required.
· This position offers a competitive compensation plan based on experience.
· A competitive benefits package as well that includes medical and dental insurance, vacation, holiday pay, PTO and 401k.
Salary Range from 120K and up
Role: Director of Engineering
Location: West Springfield,
Apply for this job now.